On our second day in Mexico, after walking the marina for hours, we took a "Sunset Dinner Cruise" to go whale watching and have dinner. Here is Adrian enjoying a virgin strawberry daiquiri before we set sail.

The ECO CAT we went on was large catamaran.

It was "all you can drink" so you can imagine their surpise when we said, "no alcohol!". The crew member knew immediately we were Mormon. We still made a toast with our fruit drinks!

I took the opportunity to take a picture of myself too.

These "glass bottom" boats were everywhere. As far as we could tell, there was only a very small section of glass to see through and we were glad we didn't spend the money on them.

Wendy and Jeff.

Boys will be boys. They clearly enjoyed the ride. Up ahead is the famous "Lover's Beach".

Lots of birds and many years of their droppings, I'm sure!

As well as sea lions.

We marveled at how this fat sea lion must have wiggled his way to the top.


This was the southern-most tip of Mexico and where the Sea of Cortez (on the right) meets the Pacific Ocean (on the left).

This was a cave we could see from the boat at "Lover's Beach". We wondered if anyone ever goes in there.

It was chillier than we expected. Luckily they had these Mexican blankets we could use.

We were lucky and saw groups of whales several times while we were out there. The drunk people were a hoot as they got extremely excited at the whales. I took a cool video clip, but it was too big of a file to upload here.


I liked that you could hear and see when they blew out their airhole!

I thought this small boat was a little too close to the whale! Yikes.


Dinner wasn't too bad. We had grilled shrimp/veggies, corn, salad, mashed potatoes, beans and garlic bread. The brownie was extremely dry though...

The skyline was beautiful! It was hard to get a good shot because of the dim lights and moving boat~this was the best I could do.

This is just at the marina when we got back.

We went home exhausted from the many hours of walking up and down the marina and to and from the bus stops but it totally worth it! See the whales first hand swimming in the ocean was unforgettable!
3 comments:
I already commented on your photog blog - ha ha. But your pictures are beautiful as always.
It looks like your trip was amazing - Love the whales and the lovers cove!!
Looks like you had so much fun. Wish we could do something like this. No one to take the kiddos though. Glad it was so fun for you!
how fun is that? You deserve it, I'm glad you got to go!
Post a Comment