This is just too funny- Ethan got this huge box of Legos from Santa. He was so excited that he wouldn't even take the time to look in his stocking. Sami had to do it for him and he would just work while she showed him the stocking gifts. After 12 hours straight (with minor food breaks) Ethan got his 763 piece set put together! I am thinking he'll make a good employee someday.
He was very proud.
Austin is such a ham. I had to take his picture too. He kind of looks like an Umpa Loompa or a Boohba...
So to kill a little pre-Christmas boredom, I bought this Snow Woman kit for $2 at Seagull Book. Lexi and I were the only one's that felt like going out into the cold.
Even though we had a good amount of fresh snow, it was real powdery and wouldn't stick! I had to get a pitcher of water and layer it on to get it to hold.
This was as big a we could get her- so she's a little short, but Lexi was still proud of her!
Here's the finished product. Now she just needs an eligable snowman...
My sister, Michele surpised everyone by coming down from Alaska for a week before Christmas. I was in on the secret and she called my Mom and was talking on the cell to her while she knocked on her door. Funny thing is, right before my Mom saw her in person, she said, "I keep feeling like you are going to come visit me..." Pretty wild! You can imagine her surprise when she rang the doorbell and saw her standing right in front of her. Her daughter, Caitlin who is 17, has been making these beanies. The one she's modeling though is one my mom knitted. Pretty cute.
Michele is an expert jewelry maker/beader. Everytime we are together we make more jewelry. Thanks for sharing your supplies and talent Michele!
We also had fun doing our nails. At the Christmas Craft show, I picked up these fun nail pens where you can draw very detailed designs. We all decided we liked the snowflake idea best.
Michele paints her daughter, Caitlin's nails pink with black skulls on them!
Thanks for a wonderful surprise Michele- it was the best Christmas gift ever!
4 comments:
Trent is also a "Lego Guy" and has Lego cities set up all over his room. I think it is great when they spend hours using their brains to put these together. We should get the boys together to play Lego's they would have a ball.
The SnowLady is adorable!
Fun that your sister could come visit - Surprises like that at Christmas especially are the best!
What a fun Christmas! I'm really impressed with the jewelery you and your sister made. You have so many amazing skills!
Legos are cool! Even my daughter used to be a big lego addict. Love the nails, very wintery.
Ethan sure does have dedication. Your probably right about him being a good employee someday.
I had no idea there was such a thing as a snow woman kit. She turned out great!
I can't believe you and your sister made all that jewelry (there's a family resemblance, by the way)! It looks like something you would buy in a big department store! I love the nails too.
Great talent runs through your veins!
Post a Comment